Author Interview with Todd Parr, Author of "The EARTH Book"
Created By: BookBundlz
1. If you could have coffee with any 3 authors, living or dead, who would they be?
DR SEUSS, MOE WILLEMS, MAYA ANGELOU.
2. If you could only take one book, food item and drink with you to a deserted island what would they be?
JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL. PIZZA. CAKEBREAD CHARDONNAY.
4. What about you would surprise your readers?
THAT I WAS A SLOW READER IN SCHOOL.
5. What is your perfect day as an author?
WALKING MY DOG BULLY, YOGA, MUSIC, FUN PROJECT TO WORK ON, LUNCH WITH FRIENDS, A NAP IN THE SUN, GRILLING A NICE DINNER AND BULLY CURLED UP UNDER THE COVERS LAYING NEXT TO ME AS HE FALLS ASLEEP.
6. If you could be any fictional character who would it be?
7. What are the book(s) you are reading now?
THE WINNIE-THE-POOH COLLECTION.
8. What was your favorite book as a teenager, and why?
JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL. BECUASE MY GRAM READ IT TO ME ALL THE TIME AS A CHILD.
9. (Aside from your own) What book(s) have you read that you think are perfect for book clubs?
About Your Book:
10. Where did the inspiration for your book come from?
MY CONTINUAL QUEST TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONES LIFE.
11. They say every book written is the author telling a personal philosophy. What personal philosophy are you trying to get across?
EMPOWERING CHILDREN TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES, TO BE KIND WHILE LEARNING ABOUT DIFFERENCES.
12. Writers are often surprised by something that happens in their book. Perhaps a character says or does something you did not think they would, or something you thought would only be a couple of paragraphs turns into 10 pages. What surprised you about your book?
HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS TO MAKE THIS BOOK UNIQUE AND DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER BOOK ABOUT EARTH.
About Your Writing Process:
13. What is your writing process like?
COME UP WITH A TOPIC OR IDEA, START DRAWING PICTURES (TABLET OR IPAD) GET REALLY EXCITED ABOUT MY PROGRESS, RUSH IT TO MY PUBLISHER AND WAIT.
14. What gets you in the mood to write?
MUSIC, INSPIRING PEOPLE, ANIMALS
15. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA, MAKE IT SIMPLE, FUN AND ENGAGING. THINK OF WAY TO MAKE YOUR IDEA UNIQUE.